Thursday 3 July 2008

For You 101 Freaks

After the war there wasn’t much to do in the western hemisphere. I emigrated to Europe, washing up with the tide on the beach of Normandy, feeling like I’d been there before. It was June 6th, 2044.

Trudging across the Chinese countryside (long story; don’t ask; the French never win any wars) gave me time to pick the historical lice from my brain, readjusting my view of the world to its new, lopsided smile.

I eventually got a job at a Government Church, scaring away the bums and cleaning pigeon droppings from the front steps.

Instead I spread seed, and buy cigarettes.

5 comments:

  1. Granted, this may not sate your more obvious desire for strictly creative-oriented criticism, but the integrity of your work, e.g. the quality of your precision, would benefit from proofreading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, this is either ironic, general, or I'm just really confused. I completely agree with the proofreading comment, except this one I *did* proofread.

    Maybe I've just read it too many times and I can't see some blatant error I'm missing (most likely the case), or maybe you're referring in general to my other posts (using this one as the most visible place to place your comment.

    Anyway, <3 and thanks, but its weirdly/ironically frustrating to get this comment on the one post I feel like doesn't deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...at job at..."

    I know. You were so close.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, my eyes had definitely glazed over that one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete